Updated Helmet Protocol - In Effect for the 2019/2020 Season.
- Helmets are strongly recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
- Helmets are required for anyone under the age of 12, without 2 years of previous curling experience.
- Helmets should be CSA-approved headgear.
- After Under-12, parents must sign waivers or, helmets are worn until the age of majority in that province/territory.
- Curling Canada strongly recommends that anyone in a Learn-To-Curl program (adults or juniors) wears protective headgear.
- Curling Canada strongly recommends that anyone who is vulnerable (related to experience, medical, etc.) wear protective headgear on ice or, sign waivers if choosing not to wear protective headgear