Interested in curling with Delta Thistle Curling Club
next season for the first time?
We would love to have you join us!
New and experienced curlers welcome.
Our Club will be up and running in September for the 2016/2017 fall and winter season.
Registration information will be available after August 15th.
Please send you name, email address and phone number to:
We look forward to welcoming back all our regular and returning members and will be contacting You or your Team at a later date.
Job Posting : Curling Club Manager
The Delta Thistle Curling Club is a community curling club that was established in 1972. It is located at the
North Delta Recreation Center and has a membership drawing from North Delta and the Fraser Valley.
We are currently looking to hire a curling club manager to run and promote our club, leagues, and programs.
Full time position –August 15-March 31
Part time position –April 01-August 14 (Average 5 hours a week)
Reports to the Board of Directors
The position includes these key responsibilities:
- Promotion of our club and programs to current and new members. Ensuring that our club provides the best member experience possible.
- Communication through our website and maintenance of our club manager software.
- Preparation and maintenance of club membership database and club records.
- Bar Management including: inventory control, ordering of supplies, scheduling of deliveries, scheduling of bar staff hours and developing relationships and negotiating with suppliers.
- Applying for and follow up with government grants with the assistance of board members.
- Maintenance of accounting controls, reconciliation of the books and making bank deposits.
- Ensuring timely collection of league fees, locker rental and advertising revenue.
- Pro shop - sales and inventory of curling equipment.
- Attendance at monthly board meetings and submission of a monthly manager's report.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- A keen interest in developing good relations with the membership.
- An ability to develop creative programs to promote a growing membership.
- An understanding of promotion through social media.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage the club accounting and payroll, and to prepare financial statements.
- An understanding of the sport of curling.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn specific software applications
- Willingness to work a significant amount of time in the evenings and on weekends.
This is a salary position and will be determined by the skills and knowledge of the successful candidate.